Sub site navigation
Allocation of TSRA staff housing will be as per the TSRA Housing Policy which is available to all tenants either via the TSRA intranet or by request from the Property Team.
TSRA Special Conditions are included in all TSRA Tenancy Agreements.
Responsive or day to day Maintenance: – this includes both urgent and day to day maintenance items.
Day to day maintenance consists of repairs that are not urgent but are considered to be a priority for the well being and comfort of the tenant and continued upkeep of TSRA’s assets.
Urgent maintenance means it will be a risk to the health and safety of the tenant or will have a destructive effect on the property if not repaired promptly.
In accordance with the Residential Tenancies & Rooming Accommodation Act 2008, urgent repairs will be organised as soon as reasonably possible after notification from the tenant.
Under the Residential Tenancies & Rooming Accommodation Act 2008, urgent emergency maintenance means:
- a burst water service or a serious water service leak;
- a blocked or broken lavatory system;
- a serious roof leak;
- a gas leak;
- a dangerous electrical fault;
- flooding or serious flood damage;
- serious storm, fire or impact damage;
- a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to premises;
- a failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on premises for hot water, cooking or heating;
- a fault or damage that makes premises unsafe or insecure;
- a fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a tenant of premises; gaining access to, or using, the premises.
- a serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area of premises that unduly inconveniences a tenant in
TSRA will make available to each tenant a list with contact details of their preferred tradespeople to undertake emergency repairs and maintenance.
All repairs and maintenance work is to be authorised through the use of official TSRA orders. No invoices will be paid unless they are accompanied by the authorising order number.
All repairs and maintenance work will be monitored by checking with the tenant that the work has been carried out and is satisfactory before paying the invoice.