Sub site navigation
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential and free voluntary counselling service.
Who can access this service?
All TSRA employees and members of their immediate family. Freecall 1800 808 374.
About the EAP
Many people experience difficulties that can impact on their work and personal life. Sometimes these are short-lived and can be easily resolved with the help of family or close friends. However, occasionally, a difficulty may persist, and the advice and support of a professional counsellor can help you to stop it from developing into a more serious issue – this is the role of the EAP. Provided externally by Assure Programs, the EAP service is independent; paid for by your organisation; and aims to help you improve and maintain your wellbeing, and reach your goals. The EAP also assists with the resolution of personal and work-related challenges, which may affect your work performance or quality of life.
Common reasons people access EAP
An Assure Programs EAP counsellor can assist you to manage a wide range of challenges and goals.
- Relationship difficulties
- Stress, anxiety and depression
- Workplace conflict or disharmony
- Coping with organisational change
- Addictions (drug, alcohol or gambling)
- Reactions to traumatic or distressing events
- Ongoing stress and burnout
- Grief and bereavement
- Financial and legal concerns
- Schooling and study difficulties
- Wellbeing and lifestyle counselling
- Improving sleep
- Transition to retirement
- Improving communication
- Work life balance
- Social confidence
- Forward planning and goal setting
- Self awareness
- Smoking cessation
- Weight management